Mmmmmm, I love avocado! My love for the green-fleshed fruit has only grown since moving to Phoenix, where I indulge regularly on creamy guacamole and street tacos with sliced avocado.
Avocados are known for being a rich source of vitamins and antioxidants.
So why not take that creamy goodness and use it on the skin?
Well, leave it to Anne-Marie over at Brambleberry.com to develop an easy, DIY body butter recipe that does just that. The self-anointed Soap Queen, she is no novice when it comes to whipping up (yes, bad pun intended) skin creams as well.
The base for her recipe is avocado butter, to which she adds a few more ingredients for an added ooo-la-la effect. All the ingredients are available for purchase on her website.
Here is Anne-Marie’s instructional video that shows, step-by-step how to make this luxurious whipped body butter. I’ve included a printable recipe card below.
Enjoy! And be sure to let me know how it turns out.
- 14 oz. Avocado butter
- 5 oz. Meadowfoam oil
- 1 oz. Green tea extract
- 6 ml. Lemongrass essential oil
- 5 tsp. Dry flo (or substitute with modified cornstarch)
- Prepare avocado butter by chunking it into smaller pieces.
- Place chunked avocado butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on low for 1 minute. Then increase speed to high until the consistency is fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir gently.
- Mix on low until all ingredients are thoroughly combined (about 30 seconds.)
- Increase speed to medium for an additional 30 seconds and then to high for another minute (or until the consistency is fluffy with soft peaks.)
- Store in containers of your choice.