Applying gel eyeliner is not as difficult as it looks. All it takes is a little patience and a little practice.
Using a brush to apply gel eyeliner gives you far more control over the finished look–sharp line or smudged, thin or thick line, wing or no wing. The precision that gel liner affords makes the effort worthwhile.
Here is a short video that demonstrates the proper way to apply gel eyeliner. The liner used in the video is a waterproof gel liner by MommyMakeup.com. (There is a coupon at the bottom of the post!)
10 Tips for Proper Gel Eyeliner Application
1. Do not scrunch your eye when applying eyeliner. It contorts the shape of your eye.
2. Do not pull on the skin around your eye. The skin around the eye is delicate and should never be handled roughly.
3. If using a handheld mirror, the mirror should be placed below you so that you are looking down into the mirror, with your chin pushed forward. This will allow you to fully see your lash line.
4. If using a wall mirror, tilt your chin up when putting on your eyeliner. Having your chin tilted upwards will also allow you to fully see your lash line.
5. Use an eyeliner brush with synthetic bristles so the gel doesn’t stick to them.
6. Place your pinky finger on your cheekbone to help stabilize your hand.
7. Do not actually draw a continuous line across your lash line. Use short dashes to line the base of your lashes.
8. Apply more eyeliner on the outside corner of your eye in order to give it a “lifted” appearance.
9. Do not apply eyeliner on your lower lash line in you have dark under eye circles. It will only draw attention to them.
10. Use a high quality product. The gel eyeliner used in the video above is from Mommy Makeup. (No, you do not have to be a mom to use it.) Mommy Makeup is a line of high quality cosmetics developed for busy women on the go. This particular eyeliner is great because it is long-lasting, waterproof, and once it sets, it stays put! Check out the reviews. At the time of this post, 63 of the 67 reviewers rated it a 5 out of 5.
Share This Post To Get A MommyMakeup.com Coupon!
Help me get more visitors to my site by liking, tweeting, or clicking the +1 button below and I’ll give you a coupon good for $5 off your first Mommy Makeup order plus a 10% rebate on all future orders! It’s a win-win!!
[wpsharely id=”373″] Click Here To Get $5 Off Your First Order and a 10% Rebate Off Future Orders [/wpsharely]